This documentation covers the rules for new and existing community members;
Welcome to AhoyConnect, we are more than a community management tool, this is a second home for community builders.
Below are our rules, regulations, and guidelines that bind us together and make our community a safe place for our users.
- Reporting Violations; If you observe or are subject to violating these rules, please report any code of conduct violation by tagging @Jeph (on our slack community) on such comment, or log your violation report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be friendly and patient
- Avoid Repetitive Messages, Tagging, and Unrequested Direct Messages; To help our community become a better one, please refrain from sending direct messages to other community members unless you requested permission from the member. Also, avoid repetitive tagging, if you directly send a message to an individual member and you don't get a response, kindly refrain from tagging the member multiple times.
- Be Welcoming; We strive to be a community that welcomes people with diverse backgrounds, races, ethnicity, gender social status, age, religion, mental and physical abilities.
- Be respectful; People working or interacting together will inevitably disagree or become frustrated with one another at certain times. However, conflict is not an excuse for personal attacks, or language and racial abuses. A community where people feel threatened is not a productive one and goes against everything we stand for at AhoyConnect. Be respectful and use appropriate language within and outside our community.
- Be Understanding; Strive to resolve disagreements constructively. Our contributors come from different backgrounds and most likely have different perspectives. If you disagree with any community member, keep an open mind to understand their perspective, and share yours accordingly.
- Confidentiality and Intellectual Property; Please refrain from posting any links to private information(yours’ or others’). This includes Product/API keys, SSN, Addresses, Credit/Debit Card Information, passwords et cetera. Do not post contents that might be considered the intellectual property of another individual or firm. Take particular care also when posting screenshots of mobile and desktop screens.
- Marketing; Please do not advertise, market, or share any other form of spam. Especially, posting affiliate links to other apps and services which would indirectly financially benefit the poster. On the other hand, you can share links to your own site, even if you have ads or any other form of monetization set up, so far it’s not in an obscured way.
Violating this Code of Conduct
If you violate any portion of the slack code of conduct, regardless of whether or not these violations are on the same discussion, You would be issued a form of warning/ban known as a ‘strike’.
- 1st Strike; Your access to Ahoy Data Community would be revoked for 2 days.
- 2nd Strike; Your access to Ahoy Data Community would be revoked for 14 days.
- 3rd Strike/Expulsion; Your access to Ahoy Data Community would be revoked for 30 days, with the possibility of indefinite removal.